Q & A with the Owners (soulblazer)

8th in a series (by 69cubs)

As we hit the 25% mark on this series, we get with soulblazer, owner of the Seattle Lightning for 18 seasons completed, but 19 in Mathewson (1st season for soulblazer was with the current Pittsburgh team back in season 4 as Boston Colonials).

In Mathewson, soulblazer, in 19 completed seasons, has a 1394-1522 (.478) record. Including the best record in baseball in season 22. Seasons 21 & 22, Seattle, with soulblazer won its first 2 division titles and soulblazer 1t 2 Mathewson playoff appearances.

Overall in HBD, soulblazer has 24 seasons with a 1881-2007 (.484) record with the 2 Mathewson division titles and 3 WC appearances outside Mathewson.

On with the Q & A with soulblazer

Favorite MLB team:
Boston Red Sox

Favorite All-Time and/or current MLB player(s):
Curt Schilling

Favorite Mathewson player(s) current and/or All-time:
Endy Horton, he was a great player on my team and kills me each time I faced him.

My favorite on my team is catcher Dale Thomas, a rare catcher who can both catch and hit well. Very happy to have drafted him.


Significance of team name and/or username:
Username comes from a old SNES game and I thought of it when trying to come up with a unique username.
Team name comes from a desire to have a name for a Seattle based team that sounds like it could fit, Lightning seemed a good choice due to the major amounts of rain.


Favorite non-baseball team/sport:
Football and New England Patriots (I'm a die hard New England area fan for all sports)

Background:
Born and raised in New Hampshire, currently live in Rhode Island. Came across this game about four years due to a co-worker to settle a sports bet and really enjoyed it.

Favorite Mathewson moment:
Finally being able to make the playoffs with Seattle two years ago and then doing really well in my playoff run last year -- just one win away from the World Series. Too bad my team this year isn't doing as well!

Team you most dislike to face:
Chicago Billy Goats and New Britian Bombers. They kill me each time I play them. I've looked up to both owners and have tried to build my team around their models.

One tip you can share with all:
One thing I learned is don't rush players to the bigs and let them develop. Also keep a well stocked bench to help keep players rested and provide defensive help.

Thank You soulblazer! Did you jinx the Patriots by missing the World Series in season 22 or have the Patriots jinxed you for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment