Q & A with the Owners (jpelot)

7th in a series (by 69cubs)

jpelot is on his 17th season as owner of the Chicago Billy Goats. He took over a franchise that had one winning season in its first 6 seasons and immediately won 1st place in his first season as owner. Now, after 16 complete seasons, he has 8 - 1st place finishes (including the last 7 in a row) 7 - 2nd place (with 3 WC appearances) and 1 - 3rd place. And along the way, 4 World Series championships! 1490-1102 (.575) record going into his 17th season. His franchise are one of the model franchises in Mathewson.

Overall in HBD, 4060-3230 (.557) record in 45 seasons with 20 division titles, 9 WC appearances and 6 World Series titles.

On with the Q & A with jpelot

Favorite MLB team:
Atlanta Braves (I used to be huge Oakland A’s fan but their past 10 years of tanking is ridiculous and St Louis that’s because I like LaRussa and Pujols)

Favorite All-Time and/or current MLB player(s):
Past: Mark McGwire – I had a hard time with him using steroids because he was my favorite player before the steroids.
Current: Albert Pujols – Hopefully he won’t test positive for steroids


Favorite Mathewson player(s) current and/or All-time:
Kevin Rolls and Gerardo Cedeno

Significance of team name and/or username:
Team name – I thought my team I was building would fit better in Chicago after a couple years in St. Louis. This was towards the tail end of the steroid era, so I wanted more offense. I am not a big Cubs fan but I thought it would be fun to reverse the curse in Sim World since they will probably not win one in real life.

Favorite non-baseball team/sport:
San Francisco 49ers

Background:
Grew up in California but moved to Georgia when I was in high school. I started my professional career in IT but now I am in Purchasing. Just graduated with an MBA and now I can spend more time trying to figure how to get another ring.
I had a previously love for SimLeague baseball. I took some time off and my brother “pelot” got me hooked building a dynasty vs. having to start over every year.


Favorite Mathewson moment:
It’s the overall feeling of accomplishment of knowing that I did not tank to build this team.
I enjoy playing Oakland a few times a season as well.


Team you most dislike to face:
I gear up every year for a possible playoff battle with lylediekmann. Unfortunately, I believe this is the only team that I have faced consistently that I do not have a winning record against. Another owner that I like to battle with is within my division is jmagliaro. We are about .500 playing each other. I gasp every time these owners find a way to raise the bar or make a move.
The AL East as a whole (including loneranger and plymouth) has just killed each other the past few seasons, it’s great competition.


One tip you can share with all:
Have short term and long term plans, stick with them. There is more than one way to win a WS.

Thank You jpelot! Bringing the Billy Goat back in Chicago was supposed to break the curse for the Cubs, you certainly proved that the Billy Goat can help win! Maybe you should talk to the Cubs and see if you can help them!

No comments:

Post a Comment