Q & A with the Owners (rcf106)


13th in a series (by 69cubs)

rcf106, owner of the Richmond Riot, is on his 14th season in Mathewson. He took over a team that had won only 49 games the previous season and never had a .500 record. Last 2 seasons the Riot have been above .500 and this season, they are in a position to make thier first playoff appearance in their franchise history.
Overall in 13 seasons in Mathewson, rcf106 has a 940-1166 (.446) record.

Overall in HBD, rcf106 has compiled a 6686-7246 (.480) with 14 division titles and an additional 8 WC appearances in 86 total seasons.

On with the Q & A with rcf106

Favorite MLB Team:
Arizona Diamondbacks

Favorite all-time and/or current player(s):
Dale Murphy. Back in the early 80’s, when my family finally got hooked up to cable TV, we were perpetually tuned to TBS. Murph was and still is my all-time favorite.

Favorite Matthewson player(s) current and/or All time:
To be determined. I have some stud prospects that are just now hitting ML. I’ll get back to you on that one in a few seasons.

Significance of team name and/or username:
There is no significance to the team name. I just thought it worked well.

My user name is my initials and my ID number at work.


Favorite non-baseball team/sport:
Notre Dame football. I was born in South Bend, Indiana so my dad made sure I had very little say so in this.

Background:
I have lived my entire adult life in Arizona. I have been in law enforcement since 1990 and look forward to putting in another 8 years or so and retiring with a nice pension at a fairly young age.

I’m also proud to say that I am approaching 10 years as a member of WIS, having joined on March 3, 2002.


Favorite Matthewson moment:
Again, to be determined. So far, this season has been good. I hope to hang on and win what has become a very tough NL South (probably just jinxed myself).

Team you most dislike to face:
Colorado seems to be the consensus and I can’t disagree with that. I can’t entirely blame the park because they always come to my place and beat the tar out of me each time.

One tip you can share with all:
Draft wisely, develop your prospects and avoid the temptation to make dumb trades that you’ll regret later on.

Thank You rcf106! Law enforcement (definitely something to be proud of)...that is now a warning to all when your team goes into Richmond (and Arizona)!

No comments:

Post a Comment